Sunday, 6 November 2011

Alexander McQueen- S/S 12

I was going to create my first complete post on my own current work, however I have just been completing some research, and found Alexander McQueen's Spring/ Summer 2012 collection. 

'THE first that she’s put on since the Royal Wedding – and only the third since she took over as creative director after Lee McQueen’s death, tonight’s show by Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen was yet another brilliant display of everything he taught her and everything she’s done with it.' - Show Report, Dolly Jones


I was browsing through Vogue's show collections and found this collection. I am amazed at the intricate beading on this dress, and think that the silhouette is gorgeous. It really captures the essence of the skeleton designs that were used in some of the past designs. Although the dress is very figure hugging and slimming, the beading and detail in the fabric is so intricate and interesting.


 


I think this dress is amazing! The shape and structure is fabulous, however when looking closer you can see the intricate pattern, which I think sums up the amazing power of Alexander McQueen. All the collections have a strong element of pattern and strong shapes, and once again the collection has succeeded to combine both brilliantly. 


Check out the collection at http://www.vogue.co.uk/fashion/spring-summer-2012/ready-to-wear/alexander-mcqueen#    

No comments:

Post a Comment