Sunday, 26 February 2012

Manchester Art Gallery

I thought I would upload some images from a recent visit to the Manchester Art gallery. The Gallery is full of a range a items including 17th, 18th an 19th Century art work, Modern and Contemporary and also a range a exhibitions which are only on for limited time periods.

One installation was called 'Wish you were Where?' created by Debbie Goldsmith and Hilary Jack. The installation was of luggage tags with messages on saying where people wish they were. A list of artists and celebrities contributed to the notes, however the rest of the notes were added by visitors. Unfortunately there were no tags available when I visited or I could have added my thoughts. 



Grayson Perry-

Unfortunately this exhibition finished Sunday 12th February, but I really liked this ceramic vase, Jane Austin in E17, by Grayson Perry. I think the quirkiness of the images are really interesting and I think they would work really well as fabric designs. 

Check out the images and information for the above items, and also more information about the Manchester Art Gallery here.

All Images are taken by Nicole Robotham, excluding Bottom Right Images- Use from http://www.manchestergalleries.org/whats-on/exhibitions/index.php?itemID=79 

No comments:

Post a Comment