Monday, 27 August 2012

London- Weekend 1

I apologise for not blogging in a few days! My boyfriend came down to spend the bank holiday weekend with me and I didn't get a chance to update my blog.
Well my first week at Tom Cody is over. I didn't know what to expect when I came for my placement, but it is so different compared to university. Everything has got to be done so quickly, and although I haven't been doing any designing myself, I do know that three weeks on one project is considered far too long, whereas 7 or 8 weeks at uni is the norm! I am really enjoying it but it is very hard.

On Thursday I got my first glimpse of Big Ben! I went for a wander in Covent Garden with a girl from work and ended up wandering down to Trafalga Square, then back up through the side streets of Covent Garden. I then headed along to Leicester Square to get the tube.



Friday evening I went back to Covent Garden with my BF and headed to the M&M store, which I will definitely be heading back to before I head back to Newcastle. Saturday we had a lazy morning as I was so tired from my first week in London. For my birthday the beginning of this month my boyfriend got us tickets to see Thriller at the Lyric Theatre! Which was absolutely AMAZING!!! We then headed along to Ripley's Believe it or Not, which is definitely worth a visit, and then had tea at The Rainforest Cafe- which I love because I am a big kid!!

Full size Ferrari knitted with 14 miles of yarn!

Carved out of one piece of wood

Paintings on leaves

This painting was completed in a minute.


I will upload some more pictures of things I got up to over this weekend tomorrow!!





No comments:

Post a Comment