Wednesday, 5 September 2012

London- Day 16.17.18.19.20

I apologise for not blogging all week! By the time I have got back to the flat in the evenings I have been exhausted, but here is a break down of what I've done in my third week of my London adventure along with some pictures!

Monday- I felt very home sick today so after work I took a wander down Oxford Street, just so I didn't need to go straight back to the flat.

Tuesday- Today I was given the task of trying to create a template for the table cloth for Paris. I also had to find out if we had enough material to fit all these table cloths on! Took forever! After work I met a friend at Clapham Common for dinner.

Wednesday- Today I was sent along to Brick Lane to find a supply store to buy some foam board to make a mock up of the table for Paris. I had a very 'Devil Wears Prada Moment'! Ehen she carries the kayaks along and keeps hitting people, that was me except i was with two huge pieces of foam board that kept being caught in the wind! I was so exhausted after work that I headed straight back to the flat to have a chilled out evening- only to be disrupted by the fire alarm!

Thursday- I continued making table cloths today with help from another girl on placement, which meant we flew through them. The company bought a new industrial sewing machine last week, which I was terrifie to use because I have used one before and was absolutely rubbish on it, but I have actually really enjoyed using it! After work I met up with a friend and headed to Fashions Big Night Out on Oxford street and Bond Street. Loads of the shops got involved to hand out freebies and discounts. It was obvious that some of the more expensive shops -Alexander McQueen- were guest list only, but there was a nice atmosphere when walking along th street. I also spotted model and TV presenter Jameela Jamil. We then wandered to China Town for a very yummy Chinese!!

Friday- I really enjoyed today at work. I have been working on the table cloths for the Paris Trade Show, so I continued with them and then started on a few in a different colour. I was also asked by my boss to alter a dress for one of the girls who works on the digital side of Tom Cody. The dress was absolutely amazing!! Heavily beaded in gold and bronze, and longer at the back. I felt so under pressure not to mess up, however the girl really like the finished effect. After work I headed straight to the V&A Museum as it is open late on Fridays. I visited the Ballgowns exhibition, which I really enjoyed, and then had a wander round the other rooms that were open. I didn't realise that they would have a cocktail bar and DJ. Once I left there I wandered along to Knightsbridge Tube station, which led me past Harrods which was all lit up, and also via Topshop, where I found a gorgeous beaded top that I want!! Having worked with so many items that are all so heavily beaded, I am in need of an item of my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment